Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Hungry Blogger - Part 1

"We eat to live, not live to eat"

The wise words above signifies how important it is to eat in moderation.
Now that I am in Ipoh, the first thing I have in mind is to satisfy my taste buds with the scrumptious food my beloved Ipoh has to offer. My tongue has long been deprived from such delicious food since I was in Melaka for quite some time. Even though the food in Melaka is oklah, it is still nothing compared to Ipoh. Since Ipoh is a haven for all the good food, my tongue is ready to be pampered to the max.

Armed with a my very own moto :

"I eat to live, and also live to eat"

I will try my very best to eat, capture pictures and blog all the mouth watering dishes here in Ipoh that I feel is worthy of before my holidays are over.


My very first stop is Ipoh's famous Ngah Choi Kai !




(above) We ate at one of the corner shops which as usual, was saturated with hungry customers


(above) Zooming in is the name of the shop we ate at


On the table laid a big plate of taugeh, 1 plate of a whole chicken, 6 bowls of keuh tiao noodles, 4 cups of herbal drinks, chillies and a soya sauce bottle.





SLUUURP !



Credit goes to these guys who work tirelessly to please the hunger of all Ngah Choi Kai lovers. What would Ipoh be like without them???



For those of you who do not know what is so special about Ipoh's Ngah Choi Kai, well, it's mostly about the taugeh (bean sprouts). It is the characteristically juicy, plump, succulent and sweet Ipoh bean sprouts that they adore most. It is a known fact that the bean sprouts here are twice as big as the ones you get elsewhere. They say it's due to the Ipoh's water.
Besides the bean sprouts, the kueh tiao (white thin noodles) is also to be complemented. The kueh tiao here is silky smooth.
All in all, Ipoh's Ngah Choi Kai still lives up to it's reputstion. TWO THUMBS UP!!!




Other delicacies of my interest that I plan to feast my taste buds on (not in any particular order):

1) Foh San's Dim Sum

2) Fish Noodle Shop

3) Andersonion's Curry House

4) Kai Xi Hor Fan

5) Claypot Chicken Rice

6) Chee Cheong Fun


*Kneeling before my knees, switching myself to prayer mode and looking up in the sky*
God, of all the fairies and angels present, please let there be no ULCERS in my mouth during my holidays. If not, eating would certainly be a torture.
God Bless



Cheers for now!
=P


0 comments: