Thursday, November 27, 2008

Choices

"The Road Not Taken"
by Robert Frost,
is an extremely poetic way of expressing :
"ARGHH!!!!! Which choice should I make??? Is this the RIGHT choice??? Would I ever regret in future for making this choice??? WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????? "

Dedicated to all my MMU foundation-mates, I hope this post should clear your doubts or at least, give you some courage to make the next choice. The time has come to choose. What course to major in? Is it better to stay in Melaka campus instead of Cyberjaya campus? What happens if I make the wrong choice? Well in life, since choices are unavoidable, we have to learn how to deal with them. Problems occur because of choices. A situation which has 10 different alternatives would pose a bigger problem compared to those with only 2 alternatives.

For those who have yet to answer the big question " What course to pursue?" I'll give you this advice. Choose a course that fits your passion. If you think that the course would be to difficult for you, SLAP YOURSELF. If you really have the passion for that course, you should think of it as a challenge, not a problem. Nothing is easy in life. Stop trying to find an easy course.If it were easy, then it wouldn't be worth pursuing. Think about it!
Okay, maybe your passion does not fit your personality. Take me for example. I love crapping, talking and socializing. However, I have the desire to become a chartered accountant; this is my passion, my dream and my goal. From the job prospective, an accountant is a person who nests his backside on the chair and indulges his mind in numbers and figures for long hours. The fingers work while the mouth sleeps. Not much opportunity to socialize eh? And me, being a so-called extrovert, has been told by A LOT of people (including close friends) that I am taking the wrong course. They say that I would be better off taking engineering due to my passion for maths and scientific reasoning. Even marketing would be a better course for me, they say. BUT, there's nothing wrong with adapting your personality and passion. I can still be an accountant and socialize at the same time with my other colleagues, can't I? It may not be easy but hey, nothing is easy. What I am trying to point out here is that, follow your heart. It may take time though.

To go to Cyber or not to go? Another hotly debated topic among my friends. Well, staying in either Melaka or Cyber both has its pro's and con's. It is up to you to judge which place weighs more pro's than con's. Many of my Melakan friends do not want to go to Cyber for obvious reasons. I respect their decisions. But before they make any decisions, I hope they see the brighter side of going to Cyber. We are in University now. No longer in schools. It is time we learn how to be independent and practice how to depend on ourselves. Yes, we can still learn how to be independent by staying in our respective hometowns. However, the feeling is different. Do you know what it's like to feel homesick? To miss home cook food? How to travel without parents? Do you know the feeling of having to rely on your close friends for support?
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Oh well, decisions are engraved into our lives; there's no escape from it. There is no right or wrong choice. Bad choices only make you stronger as long as you are willing to learn from it. Decision will undoubtedly leave scars of regret or happiness which will either way, make us who we are.

"Make the choices before the choices make you"

3 comments:

ღyihueiღ said...

believe ur choice!
choose the subject u love it!
haha
gambatte
=p

Lee Thean Ming said...

Thx ya!!!
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ღyihueiღ said...

kakkakakaka